Monday, October 22, 2012

So I Married a Cave Man

Not in the, beat-on-chest, me-want-meat sort of way, but in that Patrick loves to curl up in a cozy dark hole and read, watch tv, anything.  Cozy.  Dark. So when we decided to turn the tiny old dining room into a den/library, I knew we were going to do things a little differently than the rest of the house.  It's hard to find inspiration online because it seems that everything is so modern and minimalist these days.  Pinterest is all, stark stark stark and I need dark dark dark.  You know what I'm saying?

But not to fear, we went to Home Depot and Patrick picked this gorgeous red color from my fellow Polish homegirl Martha Stewart.  My mom and I finished the room yesterday and although it didn't seem like it took that long, retrospectively I've counted about 7 hours of painting and taping (4 of which had two people working, and none of that time includes painting the wood trim white).  But, the end result is amazing.  To refresh your memory, here is the before shot before we moved in:

 Here is the space mid-project with the floors pulled up and the trim started:



And finally....our new library as of yesterday!




We seriously kept going in there last night just to stare.  I can't wait to get the floors finished so we can start moving our things in!  First we need to finish painting the dining room since the two rooms are connected, then we can get started on the floors!  (more on that project later...oo the suspense!).


No comments:

Post a Comment