Monday, August 13, 2012

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'......

No rest for the weary!  The Bennett Brigade rolled up this morning ready to forge ahead on the kitchen.  My mom primed the front of the cabinet doors while Geoffrey and I rolled some blue paint on those drab walls. 

Here's my mom with her new set-up of 1 x 8's holding up the doors in the future playroom:






































This next picture's a bit dark, but you can start to see how bright the kitchen is going to be!  The whole process went really quickly, thanks to Geoffrey's speed-painting skills:

Give that man an iPod full of Morrissey, and he's on fire!






























I, on the other hand, excelled in gymnastic painting:

  
And now for the dismount....
 

  
Landed it. :)

I'll take more pics once things dry and we get the fridge back in place.  For now, here's a sneak peek at my new knobs.  They need a few touch-ups here and there, but I couldn't resist testing a few out.


Tomorrow I should be able to put the top coat of paint on the cabinet doors.  Then they'll just need a day or two to dry while I spray the hinges white, then up they'll go and we'll almost be ready to wrap up Phase 1 of the kitchen!  (and yes, there is a Phase 2 :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment